In EasyContent, there are two dashboards: the All Projects View (a.k.a. All Projects Dashboard), which contains all of the projects you have (or you're assigned to), and the Individual Project Dashboard or simply the Project Dashboard, which is the dashboard of a specific project.
This article will cover the Project Dashboard and everything in it. After going through this article, you may also want to read about the All Projects View page.
Table of Contents
Accessing a Project's Dashboard
There are two ways to access a project's dashboard. One is from the All Projects View page and the other is from the project selection dropdown in the account level menu.
From All Projects View
To access a project's dashboard from the All Projects View page, simply find the specific project you want and click on its card name. The example below shows us how to access the Newsletters project's dashboard.
From the Project Selection dropdown
The project selection dropdown is in the account level menu. Clicking it reveals a dropdown selection of all active projects you have or you're assigned to. From there, find and click the name of the project you want to access and you'll be redirected to its dashboard.
Once you're in a project's dashboard, a secondary menu, called the project level menu (#1), will appear. This menu will show different items depending on a user's role and permission.
The widgets visible in the project dashboard will also vary between users. Depending on a user's role and permission, a certain widget may not be visible to them at all.
Let's go through each of the items in the project dashboard.
- Project Level Menu - the project level menu is only visible when you're inside a project. The role and permissions of a user will affect what menu items will appear. By default, admins and account owners will see everything. (Related: What is an owner account?)
- Recent Project Activity - displays the most recent events in a project. By default, a user can only see the events related to the items they're a part of or are assigned to while admins and account owners can see all events that occur in a project.
- Publishing Calendar - a calendar overview of due dates. If a content item has a due date on at least one of its workflows, it will show up in the calendar, represented by a red dot. Hovering your mouse over a date with a red dot will bring out a small dialog box containing a list of all items and their workflow status that is due on that date (the workflow status is indicated by the colored circle icon before their name; the circle's color will match the corresponding workflow status' color). Only those who have the View Publishing Calendar permission can see this.
- Project Team - displays the names of all users currently assigned to the project. Clicking the manage team link lets you assign or remove users from the project. Clicking on a user's name brings you to the compose message page for that particular person.
- Settings - clicking this button brings you to the project's settings page where you can adjust certain project-specific configurations such as name, email notification settings, and others.
- Summary - displays quick statistics of the project's content items, briefs, users, and storage usage.
- Recent messages - displays the most recent messages you've received in this project.
- Project Execution Status - displays an overview of all content item's workflow statuses in this project. You can click on the links to view all content items filed under that specific workflow status. For example, clicking on "Editorial review" will bring you to the Content page, automatically applying a filter to display only items that are currently under the editorial review status. Only users with the View all content items permission will be able to see this.
- Contact - you can use this to contact the EasyContent team directly via email if you have any questions regarding EasyContent or your account with us.
Next, we're going to briefly discuss the items in the project level menu. More in-depth information is available on their respective help pages.
From left to right:
- Dashboard - is the project's dashboard.
- Content - a list of all content items either currently being worked on or was already published.
- Briefs - a list of all available briefs ("to-do" content items) that can be assigned to or claimed by a user (provided that the user has the right role and permissions).
- Mailbox - clicking this reveals a preview of your most recent messages.
- Files - lets you see all files uploaded to the current project. Requires the Manage asset library permission to be able to access this.
- Configuration - is a dropdown menu containing the following items:
- Workflow settings - takes you to the project's workflow settings configuration page.
- Categories - takes you to the project's categories page.
- Templates - takes you to the project's template configuration page.
- Project settings - takes you to the project's settings page.
And that's it for the Project Dashboard!
Now, why don't you check out: