In EasyContent, we have two dashboards: the All Projects View (aka All Projects Dashboard), which contains all of the active projects you have (or you're assigned to), and the Individual Project Dashboard or simply the Project Dashboard, which is a dashboard for a specific project.
In this article, we'll talk about the Project Dashboard and everything in it. It's also a good idea to learn more about the All Projects View as well so that you can easily differentiate the two.
Table of Contents
Accessing a Project's Dashboard
To access a project's dashboard, you have two options. The first is from the All Projects View page and the second is from the project selection dropdown in the account level menu.
From All Projects View
To access a project's dashboard from the All Projects View page, simply find the specific project you want and click on its card name.
From the Project Selection dropdown
The project selection dropdown is found in the account level menu. Clicking it reveals a dropdown selection of all active projects you have or you're assigned to. Click the name of the project you want to access and you'll be taken to its dashboard.
Once you're in a project's dashboard, a secondary menu, called the project level menu, will become visible, as you can see below (#1).
The items visible in this menu will vary greatly between different users with different roles and permissions. Many items here will only show up when a user has a specific role or a specific set of permissions.
Let's go through each of the items in the project dashboard.
- Project Level Menu - the project level menu only appears when you're inside a project. Different roles and permissions will see different items here.
- Project Activity - displays the most recent activities in a project. Some items here will not be visible depending on a user's role and permissions. By default, admins can see all activities occurring in every assignment in a project while any other roles will only see activities in assignments they were assigned to or is a part of.
- Editorial Calendar - a calendar overview of due dates. If an assignment has a due date on at least one of its workflows, it will show up in the calendar, indicated by a red dot. Hovering your mouse over a date with a red dot will bring out a small dialog box containing a list of all items along with their workflow status (indicated by the colored circle before their name; the circle's color will match the corresponding workflow status' color) that is due on that date. Only those who have the View Editorial Calendar permission can see this.
- Project Team - displays the names of all users currently assigned to the project. Clicking the manage team link lets you assign or remove users to the project right in the dashboard. Clicking on a user's name brings you to the compose message page for that particular person. This allows you to quickly send messages.
- Settings - clicking this button brings you to the project settings page where you can adjust certain project-specific configurations.
- Project Summary - displays quick statistics of the project's assignments, tasks, users, and storage usage.
- Latest messages - displays the most recent messages you've received in this project.
- Project Execution Status - displays an overview of assignment workflow statuses in a project. You can click on links to view all assignments filed under the selected workflow status. For example, clicking on "Editorial review" will bring you to the Assignments page displaying only assignments that are currently in the editorial review status. Only users with the View all assignments permission will be able to see this.
- Contact - you can use this to contact us directly via email if you have any questions regarding the app or your account.
Next, we're going to briefly discuss what the pages are in the project level menu. More in-depth information is available on their respective help pages.
From left to right:
- Dashboard - is what we're currently discussing now.
- Assignments - a list of all assignments either currently being worked on or was already published.
- Tasks - contains the list of available tasks that can be assigned to or claimed by a user (provided that the user has the necessary permissions).
- Mailbox - clicking this reveals a preview of your most recent messages. There will also be a button to go to the mailbox page where you can view all of your messages, compose a new one, etc.
- Files - lets you see all files uploaded to the current project. Requires the Manage files permission to be able to access this.
- Configuration - is a dropdown menu containing the following items:
- Workflow settings - takes you to the page where you can configure the project's workflow settings
- Categories - takes you to the page for organizing categories for the current project.
- Templates - takes you to the page for editing and managing the current project's templates.
- Project settings - takes you to the project's settings page.
And that's it for the Individual Project Dashboard!
Now, why don't you check out: