In EasyContent, we have two dashboards: the All Projects Dashboard, which contains all of the active projects you have (or you're assigned to), and the Individual Project Dashboard or simply the Project Dashboard, which is a dashboard for a single specific project.
In this article, we'll talk about the Individual Project Dashboard and everything in it. We also have a separate guide for the All Projects Dashboard if you want to learn about that one.
Table of Contents
Accessing a Project's Dashboard
To access a project's dashboard, you have two options. First is from the All Projects dashboard and the second is from the project selection dropdown in the account level menu.
From the All Projects Dashboard
To access an individual project's dashboard from the All Projects Dashboard, simply find the specific project you want and click on its card name.
From the project selection dropdown
The project selection dropdown is found in the account level menu just beside the EasyContent logo. Clicking that reveals a dropdown selection of all active projects you have or is assigned to. Simply click the name of the one you want and you'll be redirected to its dashboard.
Once you're in a project's dashboard, a secondary menu called the project level menu (aka the dark menu) will be activated, filling it with various items, as you can see below (#1).
The items present in this menu will vary greatly between different users with different roles and permissions. Many items here only show up when a user has a specific role or set of permissions.
Let's go through each of the items in the project dashboard.
- Project Level Menu - the project level menu only appears when you're inside a project. Different roles and permissions will see different items here. Some items will not be visible depending on a user's permission.
- Project Activity - displays the most recent activities in a project. Items displayed here will also vary depending on a user's role and permissions. By default, admins can see all activities occurring in every assignment in a project while any other roles will only see activities in assignments they were assigned to.
- Project Summary - displays quick statistics about the project's assignments, tasks, users, and storage usage.
- Project Team - displays users currently assigned to the project. The manage team option lets you assign or remove users to the project right in the project's dashboard. Clicking on a user's name brings you to the compose message page for that particular person. This allows you to quickly send messages.
- Editorial Calendar - a calendar overview of due dates. If an article has a due date on at least one of its workflows, it will show up in the calendar, indicated by a red dot. Hovering your mouse over a date with a red dot will bring out a small dialog box containing a list of all items along with their workflow status (indicated by the colored circle before an item's name; the circle's color will match the corresponding workflow status' color) that is due on that date. Only those who have the View Editorial Calendar permission can see this.
- Project Execution Status - displays an overview of assignment workflow statuses in a project. You can click on them to view all assignments under the selected workflow status. For example, clicking on "Editorial review" will bring you to the Assignments page displaying only assignments that are currently in the editorial review status. Only users with the View all assignments permission will be able to see this.
- Latest messages - displays the most recent messages you've received in this project.
- Contact us - lets you contact us directly via email if you have any questions regarding the app or your account.
Next, we're going to briefly discuss the items in the project level menu. More in-depth information will be available in their respective help pages.
From left to right:
- Dashboard - is what we're currently discussing now.
- Assignments - a list of all assignments either currently being worked on or was already published.
- Tasks - contains the list of available content tasks that can be assigned to or claimed by a user (provided that the user has the necessary permissions).
- Calendar - a more detailed version of the editorial calendar discussed earlier.
- Mailbox - contains all messages you've received. It's also where you can send and reply to messages.
- All Messages - lets you see all messages sent and received by everyone in the current project. This is only visible to those who have the View all correspondence permission.
- Files - lets you see all files uploaded to the current project. Requires the Manage files permission to be able to access this.
- Workflow - is the page where you can edit the workflow and grading criteria for the current project.
- Categories - the page for organizing task categories for the current project.
- Templates - the page for editing and managing the current project's templates.
And that's it for the Individual Project Dashboard!
Now, why don't you check out: