The Project Settings page contains options for individual projects.
Each project in your account has its own individual settings and changing the settings of one doesn't change the settings of the others.
Table of Contents
Accessing Project Settings
To access Project Settings, go to the project dashboard and then click Settings.
First, select the project you want to configure through the project selection dropdown in the account level menu (#1). Then go to its dashboard (#2) and click Settings (#3).
You can also directly access this page from the All Projects View page through Actions > Settings in a project card.
If you're inside a project, your profile menu (accessed by clicking your email address in the upper-right corner of the page) will also contain a link to the project settings.
Configuring Project Settings
The project settings page is divided into three sections.
The first section contains tools for renaming or deleting the project.
The second section displays the names of currently assigned users to the project. This also allows you to assign or remove users from the said project.
The third section contains the option for enabling email notifications from the current project.
Renaming or Deleting a Project
To rename a project, click the change project name button. A dialog window will appear that will let you enter a new name for your project.
To delete a project, click the delete project button in the first section. Keep in mind that deleting a project is irreversible.
Assigning or Removing Users from a Project
The second section allows you to assign or remove users from a project.
Clicking on the names reveals a dropdown selection menu containing all active users in your account. Select or unselect the ones you want to add or remove, respectively.
Email Notification Settings
This option allows you to receive email notifications from this project. The type of notifications is determined by whatever settings you've set in your profile.
Configuring Global Email Notification Settings
Depending on how many projects you're currently assigned to and what type of permissions you have, you may receive dozens of email notifications on a daily basis. This could be problematic for some people.
That's why we're giving you control over the type of notifications you can receive. To configure it, go to Profile (your email address in the upper right corner of the screen) > Edit my profile, and a modal window will appear. From there, you should see the Email notification settings section.
Simply check or uncheck items you wish to enable or disable. Here's what each option does:
- Account activity reporting - sends you emails about your account activity.
- Project activity reporting - sends you emails about activities like when someone assigns someone to a task or when someone claims a task, etc.
- Message received - sends you an email whenever someone sends you an in-app message.
- Feedback on an assignment - sends you an email whenever you receive feedback on an assignment you're working on.
- Deadline missed - sends you an email whenever an item you're assigned to have missed its due date.
- Periodic digest of available assignments - this option will send you an email containing the list of assignments you're currently assigned to. You can choose to receive reminders every 12, 24, or 48 hours or you can disable this by choosing never.
If you've decided to receive as many emails as possible to closely monitor your projects, you may discover that some of them don't appear in your inbox, instead, they get sent to your spam or junk folder. To prevent this from happening, you need to add our email address to your mail provider's safe sender list. Learn how to add our email addresses to your mail provider's safe sender list.