The Tasks page contains all available tasks that a user can claim or, alternately, an admin or someone with sufficient permissions can assign to others.
Below is what a typical tasks page will look like. We've labeled important parts of it so we can easily discuss what they are and what they do.
- Search - use this to search for a specific task
- Category filter - allows you to filter tasks by category
- Import tasks - if you have a list of tasks in .csv format, you can import them here
- Export all to CSV - export all tasks into a .csv file
- Add new task - create a new task
- Tasks table - contains all available tasks along with some information about them and the tools that allow you to modify them
Let's discuss the tasks table in greater detail.
- Task summary - describes what the task is about.
- Template - the template currently assigned to a task.
- Categories - displays the task's categories, if any.
- Keywords - displays the task's keywords, if any.
- Notes - additional information about the task. This could be a comment, additional info, who to contact about the task, what is expected of the task, etc.
- Action - tools for managing a task.
- Assign - allows you to assign someone to its corresponding task. Tip: can't assign someone? They probably have a custom role and need to be assigned to the workflow status you want to assign. Learn more here.
- Settings - the settings button holds two additional tools: Edit and Delete. Edit allows you to edit a task's metadata such as its title, notes, categories, keywords, etc. Delete permanently deletes a task.
Who Can Access the Tasks Page?
Like many parts of the EasyContent app, an admin or the account owner can control who can access and what they can do on the Tasks page.
One can make it so that someone can see this page but won't be able to claim a task or someone can claim a task but could not create a new one.
A user with at least one of the following permissions will be able to access the tasks page:
- View tasks (lets users see this page and nothing else)
- Manage people and deadlines (lets users assign people to tasks and manage workflow deadlines)
- Manage tasks (lets users create, edit, import or delete tasks)
A combination of these permissions can help you fine-tune how a user can access and manipulate items on this page.
Help I Can't Claim Tasks!
If you can't claim a task when you're supposed to be able to, contact your admin or account owner. If you're one of the latter two, please check Why can't I assign a user to a task? to fix this problem.