How to create and edit tables?
In this article, you will learn how to create and edit tables.
Table of Contents
Creating a Table
There are three ways to create a table.
1. Via Table > Table in the menu bar.
2. Via standard toolbar.
3. By right-clicking anywhere within the text area.
Before we proceed, it's important to know what the table toolbar is.
The table toolbar is a quick access toolbar that usually appears below the table you're currently working on. This gives you access to the following options and settings (from left to right):
- Table properties
- Delete table
- Insert row before (currently selected row)
- Insert row after (currently selected row)
- Delete row
- Insert column before (currently selected column)
- Insert column after (currently selected column)
- Delete column
Configuring Table Properties
You can access the table properties via Table > Table Properties in the menu bar or through the table menu icon > Table Properties in the standard toolbar or through the table's toolbar itself.
This will bring out the table properties window (which you can drag to reposition around the screen). It has two tabs: General and Advanced.
General Table Properties
The General tab contains the settings for the table's general property.
- Width - the table's width in pixels.
- Height - the table's height in pixels.
- Cell spacing - individual cell's spacing in pixels (space between each cell).
- Cell padding - individual cell's padding in pixels (space between cell borders and its content).
- Border - allows you to specify the border's size
- Caption - allows you to add captions to your table.
- Alignment - allows you to specify the table's alignment around the text.
Advanced Table Properties
The Advanced tab lets you add custom styling to your tables.
- Style - lets you add CSS code for your table.
- Border color - lets you define a color for your table's borders. You can use color names (i.e. red, green, blue) or hex codes (i.e. #0a64f5, #ff0000, etc.)
- Background color - lets you define a color for your table's background. You can also use color names or hex codes for this.
- How to change a template?
- How to create a new template?
- How to edit a task?
- How to assign or remove users from a project?
- How to delete a project?
- How to rename a project?
- How to create a new project?
- How to change my email address?
- How to change my profile name?
- How to deactivate a user?
- How to send a message?
- How to assign a template?
- How to import tasks?
- How to claim a task?
- How to archive a project?
- How to create and edit tables?
- How to view a content item's HTML source code?