How to create and edit tables?
This article will teach you how to create and edit tables in EasyContent's text editor.
Table of Contents
Creating a Table
There are two ways to create a table.
1. Via Table > Table in the menu bar.
2. Via standard toolbar.
Before we proceed, it's important to know what the table toolbar is.
The table toolbar is a quick access toolbar that appears around the table you're currently working on. This gives you access to the following options and settings (from left to right):
- Table properties
- Delete table
- Insert row before [currently selected row]
- Insert row after [currently selected row]
- Delete row
- Insert column before [currently selected column]
- Insert column after [currently selected column]
- Delete column
Configuring Table Properties
You can access the table properties in the menu bar via Table > Table Properties (#1) or through the standard toolbar via the table icon > Table Properties (#2) or via the table toolbar (#3) by selecting the first option.
This will bring out the table properties window. It has two tabs: General and Advanced.
General Table Properties
The General tab contains the settings for the table's general property.
- Width - the table's width in pixels.
- Height - the table's height in pixels.
- Cell spacing - individual cell's spacing in pixels (space between each cell).
- Cell padding - individual cell's padding in pixels (space between cell borders and its content).
- Border width - allows you to specify the border's thickness.
- Caption - allows you to add captions to the table.
- Alignment - allows you to specify the table's alignment around the text.
Advanced Table Properties
The Advanced tab lets you add custom styling to your tables.
- Border style - lets you select border style.
- Border color - lets you define a color for your table's borders.
- Background color - lets you define a color for your table's background.
- How to change templates?
- How to create a new template?
- How to edit a brief?
- How to assign or remove users from a project?
- How to delete a project?
- How to rename a project?
- How to create a new project?
- How to change my email address?
- How to change my profile name?
- How to deactivate a user?
- How to send a message to a team member?
- How to import briefs?
- How to claim a brief?
- How to archive a project?
- How to create and edit tables?
- How to view a content item's HTML source code?